Libertys Price Forum
October 17, 2017, 03:43:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eternal vigilance is the price of Liberty

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AAR Practical Rifle Clinic -East PA 8-11-07  (Read 2724 times)
DrPacer
Master Poster

« on: August 20, 2007, 08:40:10 AM »

Cross posted from TheRallyPoint.org  relating to a local event at LanghorneRodandGunClub.org where I am president, at the urging of Fred and Cabinboy.

I may have slipped from the A'seed mission...but the bigger mission of "act locally" has been maturing very nicely. Fargo007 is also on the AR-15.com boards, and posts his announcements in the PA hometown forum there. He is Viet era, and retired LE, with a love of AK's.

B

The scores are up, and the robust AA report will follow hopefully today.  Here's a few observations tailored to what I know Jamie's looking for....... 

Heavy rain for the entire day, with sandy, muddy feet, and grass clippings clinging to mags, rifles, scopes, and people.

I think people were too occupied with this to take many pics.  I do have a couple of Pacer, and board member Bob R. addressing the firing line.  "If it ain't rainin, you ain't trainin!"  A key concern is the avoidance of terms used to improperly characterize our activities.  Please refer to this for what it really is, a Practical Rifle Match.
We began around noon, with the usual detailed safety briefing (sans coathangers). 

15 shooters.  14 with AR's and one with an FAL. 

The FAL had to leave the line due to a recurring problem with a defective trigger spring.  Not a system malfunction,  but an armorer's issue.  One AR shooter accidentally double-pumped his charging handle while unloading, and causing a doublefeed.  Again, hardly described as a malfunction.

There were NO others.

Most ran non-magnifying optics, but about five had mag-optics of some type.

On the feelgood shits-n-giggles side, we had a young man who was reunited with his old chemistry teacher at the match.

Events:

1 - Tee shirt overlay, 100 yards.  15 rounds (5St., 5kn, 5p)

2 - 200y engagement, Fargo's paper bag targets with no aiming point on them.  10Standing, 20 shooters choice).

3 - Rollover Prone, Rifle canted at a minimum 45 degree angle, shot at the Tee shirt.  Interesting where the hits went.

4 - Rifle duel, shot at swinging reactives, or a steel plate donated by Tim, and approved by the Prez.  I still like this event the best.

5 - 200y longshot.  10 shots to hit a swinging 4" reactive at 200y (2MOA) for 25 points.  That subtends to a 1000y shot.  The thing I remember most about this one is TRP's own VF1000ride nearly blasting it off the target frame with a dead-center hit using a GARAND.

Top three scores:

Keith    254
Freddy  252
Danny  207

I was really happy that everyone cleaned up the range so well.  I didn't have anything to do.  Thanks for pitching in guys.

Premises were secured at 3:45 with Fargo007 the last one out.

--Freddy

3 minutes without air (oxygen)
3 hours without shelter (from extreme exposure)
3 days without water
3 weeks without food
DrPacer
Master Poster

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 08:56:00 AM »

This is the AAR of the initial Practical Rifle "competition" from July

Accessable to all.

B

http://langhornerodandgunclub.org/pr/aa/071507.html

3 days without water
3 weeks without food
cabinboy
Continuing Irritant, Heretic
Enthusiastic Poster

My orb says to buy ammo, wheat, and an e-tool...

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 06:32:34 PM »

Hot damn! What a great shoot!

Outflippingstanding work - well done to all.

Know your friends.
Inoculations for Third World travel will last a long time.
Don't put all of your eggs in one basket.
Get a tetanus shot.
Camouflage often isn't.
Got water?
Cash is also your friend.
Love your spouse.
OPSEC.
Know your enemies.
Teach your children.
Don't forget nuthin'...
Atlas Shrug
Poster Extraordinaire

Who is John Galt?

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 07:03:38 AM »

ARs, one FAL, but a hit on the steel with a Garand?  I'm confused.

Also, couldn't find this at TheRallyPoint.org - could you post a direct link?

This sounds like excellent stuff and I'd like to attend one soon.  What is the schedule, and where is it kept?  Couldn't find it at he Langhorne club site.

Keep your powder dry,

Atlas Shrug

“Ordnance trumps Ordinance” - Atlas Shrug, 1/24/2007
DrPacer
Master Poster

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 11:35:33 AM »

Atlas..

We're still working on a "home" for this every month!

Looks like the next one will be the last Sunday of the month on the 100-200 yard range (September there will hopefully be Appleseeders on the short range)

The REAL AAR for the August event is accessable here  http://langhornerodandgunclub.org/pr/aa/081907.html (its a "hidden" directory with public access I have to get the webmaster to linky too from the 'Public" face.

Freddie "owns" the website at Langhorne, but (gg) posts on other places first (go figure).

Here is the link to the "notice" at TheRallyPoint  http://www.therallypoint.org/forum/index.php?topic=1612.0;topicseen and  AR-15.com http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=14&t=276354

Thanks for you interest, and thanks Pete for the promotional mention on the Western Rifle Shooters.

B

3 days without water
3 weeks without food
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: